This blog is such a wonderful source of information. Here are just a few of the posts:
How a beautiful idea becomes a Frankenstein system is a must read for every software developer. Here is a small fragment of a much more comprehensive diagram in this post.
I always thought that we built tools to take boring repetitive parts of the work and automate it. How Tools Frame Programmer’s Mindset makes you reflect a lot more about the tools. What qualities should effective programmer tools have? The author identifies three:
- Usability – enhance flow of programmer’s ideas or at least don’t impede and interrupt this flow.
- Representation – enable easy for understanding and modification representation of the structure, ideas and domain concepts in the code.
- Agile development friendly
From Beginners to master programmers – First Language and More is a problem that faces every training organization. When I started working on Learning Point, this was one of my constant worries. I have seen several threads of discussions on the choice of first language for programming.
This blog post is a good starting point. Hopefully I will have more to contribute after my current experiment with 5 interns for the next six months.
- Train clear logical thinking.
- Understand modern software concepts and environments.
- Learn to effectively implement customer needs.