Just saw this on Digg.dot.us. A search engine for locating code from Google. I tried a simple search to locate all python files that use xmlrpclib. I used the Advanced Search feature. Here are the screen shots.
It is pretty simple. Specify the programming language, a pattern you are searching for and a regular expression for file names.
It will be cool to have the following:
- This as a feature of my desktop search (really, really useful)
- An API to do this and pass it directories/urls to search in
- Ability to write handlers to pull from CVS, SVN (this will be useful for the enterprises)
- Return the results in an RSS format so that it can be loaded in directories
- An API for the results so that we can build tools (dependency graphs and such)
Here is more information from Google Blog.