How will AI change software development?
There are some obvious ones. Some of them are already in various stages of development.
- Better code search (ideally semantic search)
- Great IDE integration (like Co-pilot)
- Automate some mundane tasks like document generation, test generation.
- Better code analyzers.
- Better tools customized to individual programmers’s need.
The benefits I am looking for (very speculative at this point) are:
- Enabling higher order thinking
- Different approaches to solving software problems (not sure what that would be).
How do you think software development change within the next 3-5 years?