What are the n things you use your mobile for, other than making calls and sending text messages? Here is my list in the order of usage.
- To check email when I am not at my desk
- To check time and date (I don’t wear a watch)
- To turn off sound while going into meetings and taking naps
- To take pictures and share it with family/friends instantly
- To tweet and read tweets when I am on the road
- To make quick notes or jot ideas (using Ever Note)
- To check the calendar
- To play a few games
- Occasionally to get a sense of direction (with a compass app)
- Occasionally to find directions (using Google maps)
- Once in a while make meek attempts to manage my time using Pomodoro task application
- Even less frequently to fill my Got To Do list which I never look at till it is too late
- Very rarely as a flashlight (using the flashlight app)
- To entertain little kids with applications like Paint Joy. They always want games that I don’t have.
There are lots of other peripheral uses but they don’t count as much. As it is in books and bookmarks and other web related activities, my ambitions for doing things far outweigh my actual use. So there are a bunch of apps that I downloaded but never used.
What about you?