I use Twitter more than anything else nowadays. More than any other social media – facebook, linkedin, Google Reader, Wikis, Social bookmarks or even podcasts. I use all these, but the links actually seem to generate from the tweets I read.
Twitter is my quick environmental scanner. Twitter stream brings me nuggets of news, opinions, humor and recommendations. Why it is even my medium for mini-conversations and a source of discovering some cool people and products.
This wish list is really me thinking aloud. Some of them may be Twitter enhancements. Others may come from Twitter clients.
1. I get follow notifications by email. So I would love to see an email plug-in (Gmail preferably) that provides a tag cloud of the recent tweets by the person who follows me. And an interface to follow right there and add them to one of my lists would be a bonus.
2. I would love to consume tweets by email (that way I have one universal client) but many people may not really like this. If it comes to email, I can do some clever filing with rules. I am sure one exists. I may just need to find one that works.
3. I would love to have a twitter client or intermediary with a rule engine support. A little more powerful than the rules you find in Gmail today. There are lots of interesting possibilities here.
4. I would love to have curated.by as an email client too. In fact, Google should borrow Curated by chromium extension’s tagging functionality for Gmail. I know I am digressing a bit here.
5. I would love to get tweets in a different priority order, sorted by a retweet count (from my friends). This should be alternative to a chronological order. Just another view.
6. I would love to see a visual social graph on twitter – a static connection graph and a dynamic one based on active conversations.
7. I definitely would like a better search engine. Since I am dreaming, I may as well ask for one with better contextual and semantic search. This keyword search does not do it for me.
I have a few more (a template tweet for conferences for example), but will keep it as material for another post.
What are your wish list items?