What if startups were your target market?
- They are easy to find (if you provide the proper resources for them to use)
- They are easy to approach
- They share a lot of common problems (at an abstract level)
- Most of them are likely to have little or no money
- They don’t have much time, so whatever you provide better be really useful
- Their challenges may span a wide spectrum – generating ideas, validating ideas, building prototypes, finding initial customers, finding early adopters/evangelists, getting funding (through angels initially and VCs later), validating products, finding good business models etc.
What if you can really help them in the areas that make a huge difference? I would count services that helps startups as thick value, since these startups, even when they are moderately successful, will create economic value.