Here is nice post titled Does Your Business Need a Blog?
While describing the potential uses of a blog the author lists a few.
- A blog can be your entire website for your company
- Build “Buzz” with a product specific blog
- Create an ecommerce storefront (see T-Shirt King)
- Create a customer service desk to provide FAQs, Q&A, and post a knowledgebase.
- Create a corporate intranet portal to update employees and collaborate with partners
- Use a blog as a Project Management tool for large projects
I think this is a great way to look at blogs. Imagine starting a business and having the need for a web presence. The fastest way to start is to create a blog. Since tools like WordPress allow you to create other pages and link them to your home page, you can start building your website incrementally.
The author promises to have a seven part series on this topic. Definitely worth watching.
Found this through Random Walking on the Internet