Twitter is a rich source of useful information. It is a great tool for:
- Researching Needs (for early customer development),
- Tracking Trends (in your industry),
- Watching Competition,
- Finding Influencers in your industry segment
We have been dabbling in some tools for mining Tweets and I am always on the look out for more.
There are a few kindred spirits who seem to be interested in similar topics. Here is one Scooped by Jose C Gonzalez. An Introduction to Text Mining using Twitter Streaming API and Python by Adil Moujahid
Twitter data constitutes a rich source that can be used for capturing information about any topic imaginable. This data can be used in different use cases such as finding trends related to a specific keyword, measuring brand sentiment, and gathering feedback about new products and services.
This tutorial teaches you:an approach to mining tweets, analyzing them and visualizing them using simple open source tools. You will learn:
- How to decode JSON, returned by the Twitter searches
- How to use a Python library called Pandas to analyze Twitter Streams
- How to use another Python library (matplotlib) to plot the results of analysis