There are many ways to share information. Some of them may take just a few minutes. You can choose to spend as little or as much time as you want.
1. Tweets – less than a minute
2. Facebook Posts – A couple of minutes
3. Mini-posts (like this one) – About 5 mts
4. A regular post (about 200 words) – an hour or more
5. An article (about 500 words) – a few hours
In all the forms described above, you post and others consume (a bit of a broadcast mode). There are other methods as well which are more like interactions (asynchronous – meaning you don’t have to be at the same place at the same time).
1. Amplify (a larger tweet) Post
2. A bundle (using something like Curated.by) – collection of posts on a particular topic
3. A comment on a blog post – While the writing time may not be much, reading, understanding the post, understanding other comments etc. may take a while.
4. An answer to a question on Quora
5. A commentary of an article or a book review in your blog or in places like Amazon (where it is more visible)
6. Answering comments on your own blog
7. Editing/commenting on a wiki page or participating in a Debate with a tool like debate graph.
There may be many others. If you think I missed an important one, please point them out.