Share your ideas. The Economist Magazine’s Project Red Stripe, promises to keep the ideas open, recognize you for your contribution, even give you a token gift.
Your idea can be as simple or complex as you like. It could be a product, a service or a business model. Before you jot your idea down, think about how best to describe it (here are some hints for doing this). If you want to track our progress, please visit our blog, where we would love to hear from you.
I already posted my bootstrapping idea – an IdeaPedia (similar to WikiPedia).
Here are a few reasons why:
- There is already a semantic Media Wiki effort to add useful metadata
- Ideas trigger ideas – so when people see one they are likely to build others based on a few
This is a bootstrapping idea for the infrastructure. Here are some related efforts that may help.
- Have a microformat for ideas (I suggested this before in my blog) so that they can be harvested, spread and seeded
- An idea RSS (this comes if you use a good wiki) feed that people can subscribe to
- An Idea Group blog (where each submission becomes an entry) just to make sure that people who do not feel comfortable with a wiki can use this alternate channel for discovery, browsing and trackbacks
- Integrate this wiki with the Idea blog
- Design a set of infoblocks to provide some structure