This is one of those blogs, where I have very little to add. I think it is a brilliant idea and would like to see how it develops. From the Open Government site:
Some questions to consider in formulating ideas include:
- How might the operations of government be made more transparent and accountable?
- How might federal advisory committees, rulemaking or electronic rulemaking be better used to drive greater expertise into decisionmaking?
- What alternative models exist to improve the quality of decisionmaking and increase opportunities for citizen participation?
- What strategies might be employed to adopt greater use of Web 2.0 in agencies?
- What policy impediments to innovation in government currently exist?
- What is the best way to change the culture of government to embrace collaboration?
- What changes in training or hiring of personnel would enhance innovation?
- What performance measures are necessary to determine the effectiveness of open government policies?
A few comments:
1. Many open questions
2. A mention of Open Linked Data in addition to Web 2.0 would have been better
3. Combined with other intersting initiatives like Apps for America, this is one of the cool ways of harvesting the collective intelligence of the people.