I posted this in the facebook group but thought of putting it here so that it can reach a wider audience. Can you tell us a bit about your internship program(s)? Specifically:
- How many interns do you typically take in your location? How frequently do you look for interns (quarterly, yearly, all the time etc.)
- How can students qualify for internships? What prior knowledge or practical experience do you require?
- Do you offer unpaid internships (lots of students I talked to want to just get the work experience and willing to work without pay for a few months, initially)
- Do you take part time internships? For example, many students would like to work a few hours a week at their convenience.
- Do you allow interns to telecommute? (work from their home mostly but come to the location a couple of times a week)
- Do you allow students who graduated but looking for jobs as interns?
- What kind of work do interns get in your company?
Please leave your answers in the comments section. You can also point us to a page you have about internships (if you do). Please answer as many of these questions as possible.
You may also want to check out the twenty19.com. They have a more formal internship match making program.