I was part of the moderating team for two un-conference sessions yesterday. It was a very enjoyable experience. I recorded it and will blog about it over the next few days. But here are a few things I learned.
- People enjoy participation. It was very evident in both the sessions
- Conversation Drift Happens – People go off topic sometimes. But that is natural. Since there are multiple ways you can look at anything, every view is useful and expands your knowledge.
- I was exhilarated by the unconditional sharing. I think every one felt it too.
- Entrepreneurs want to share their experiences – both good and bad. All you need to do is give them a forum.
- I would rather hang out with entrepreneurs than any other kind of people. You always learn something new and it keeps you energized.
One last things. It is not really learning but something I have known all along – I talk too much.