Having used Twitter for a while, I am slowly reducing the amount of time I spend on Twitter clients. I feel some times that I am missing out on good stuff. I started thinking about an ideal Twitter client for my needs. Here is what I came up with. Some of it is being done by other clients but I do not know of anything that does it all.
My ideal twitter client will have the following features:
- Gather all tweets from my timeline and store them in my own infowiki (and expand the links). Automatically link related tweets, retweets, conversations.
- Automatically select the ones I like and create a special page (based on my likes both implicit and explicit)
- Allow me to schedule tweets and repeat tweets (based on a set of rules)
- Will save my tweets in my infowiki
- Will track conversations around my tweets and my favorites in other places
- Let me easily tweet from any device with the same functionality
- Let me set rules for notifications, filtering, clustering, interlinking
- Let me tweet from multiple Twitter accounts
- Will bring back discussions around my tweets from FB and LinkedIn
- Create a trending topics page for me to view (it will look nothing like the stuff that Twitter does now) based on my interest graph
- Create a recommended list of people to follow (by using Twitter search to track my extended profile)
- Identify lists and influencers relevant to products/business
Can this be done? Sure. Does a client like this exist? I do not know. It will be nice project to try out a bit of text analytics, machine learning and a mashup using several APIs.
Fascinating post. I alaways admire stamina and bandwidth you have to think so much for sale of productivity improvments. But while I read through I find how much behind I am in thinking and aspiring. But I am sure I will track and follow you while I many never come close to your discoveries. All the best
Thanks. One of the things I constantly think about is how to reduce the time I spend without losing the benefits. It leads to me to all these wish lists. I have time to work on some of them and don’t have much time for the others. I am hoping that some one will turn this into a bunch of little products.
Sorry for spelling mistake. I meant FOR SAKE OF PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS.
Thanks for the link and the chance for me to discover a cool list of posts and links.