I have been giving this talk for a while and have been adding to the slides. I just found out that there is whole book on where good ideas come from. I just got the book and before I read it, I wanted to get this post out so that I can compare with what I learn.
So where do ideas come from?
If you pick Challenges, some one has already done the work for us. Here are the 15 Global Challenges facing humanity, identified by The Millenium Project. Even if you make a fractional improvement through one of your ideas in any one of these areas, we are off to a good start.
Here are some questions for you to think about.
- What is the difference between discovery, invention, ideas and innovation?
- What is the simplest tool you can use to set up an informal innovation framework in your group or workplace?
- How do you build an innovation culture?
- What is Open Innovation and why should you pay attention to it?
- What is the effect of Social Networks, the wider web on global innovation?
- How can you stay current on the innovation taking place in your industry or more specifically in your products?
- How can you leverage incremental innovation to improve your products and services?
Do you have other ideas about where ideas come from? Please feel free to share them in the comments section.