We had great un-conference, the first ever in TiE Chennai, yesterday. The energy and enthusiam were awesome. It is nice to see people engaged, deep in discussions. The whole thing was self organized. You decided the topics, you participated in discussions, you hung around in hallways and started conversations. There were some great discussions.
I will write a few blogs about the event and the sessions. But one question keeps popping up in my mind. How can we harness the energy and enthusiasm and keep the conversation going? I have listed a couple of my thoughts below. Please feel free to add yours to this list though comments here or elsewhere.
- More frequent unconference style sessions with specific themes (say once a month)
- Theme based mini-meets
- An active online forum (we will start a Google group ASAP)
- A knowledge sharing wiki (we will use Google sites which is a bit less geeky)
- A Google Moderator for voting up/down topics for discussions for these events
There are a few other thoughts related to working with other organizations.
- How can we work with NEN, Nasscom, Chennai Open Coffee Club, The Startup Centre and other organizations in Chennai that attract entrepreneurs?
- How can we work with other communities to cross pollinate ideas? Automobile, bio and a few others were mentioned during the wrap-up session. Energy was already there.
- How can we seed the unconference sessions with experts who enrich the session value?
- Should we keep it smaller or make it bigger?
- Should we charge and try to include some expert sessions and keynotes?
- How do we spread the word to make sure that people who can start conversations can all attend?
- How can we keep the essential lightweight nature in planning and running the event?
I am sure there are hundreds of other ideas. Please pitch in. As a follow up, we are planning to have an unconference style breakout session at TiECon.
Thank you all for being part of it. Let us continue the conversations.