Here is a recent tweet of mine.
Seth Godin and Tom Peters on why blogging matters to any professional. http://bit.ly/9ZBx4v via @ducttape
Here are some reasons I blog:
- It is a magnificent thinking tool. I think it has something to do with sitting down and writing. Sometimes, I just pick a link, a video or a tweet and think aloud.
- It is an excellent way to start conversations. You find something interesting (to you) in a blog, and you can add your point of view.
It is also a way to invite others to teach you. Sometimes I get more out of the comments of my blog than the act of writing it. People are generous with sharing ideas and information.
- If you blog enough, your blogs will tell the world who you are, which areas you have ideas to contribute. They say that you can judge a person by their friends. You can certainly learn a lot about a person by their blogs.
- Reading a set of company blogs, you can get a sense of what the company is all about. When a product manager blogs, you get a peek at what is going on behind the scenes. I am amazed at how much you can understand about a person from their blogs. Blogging is one of the best branding tools.
- Blogging is a delightful way to build an informal community.
To me, the act of blogging is therapeutic.