This is a great post with very useful information on how to use Twitter for your events. The comments show a few more ideas.
Based on some of the things we did for a few events, here are a few more things you can do.
- Host a pre-event (or during the event) tweetup
- Create a list of people who want to tweet
- Have a couple of people from the show organization tweet logistics and other details
- Have an ask-event twitter address for people to send event related questions
- Create hash tags for sessions too (that may help very specific session related tweets)
- Include Tweeters and Bloggers in the Credits page for the event (recognition helps a lot)
- Have an informal Tweeter’s lunch table or breakfast on the first day of the event or as pre-event.