What an interesting concept! From Thinking Beyond Web 2.0: Social Computing and the Internet Singularity.
Quoting a quote from Dion’s blog:
“The idea that a deeper and tighter coupling between the online and offline worlds will accelerate science, business, society, and self-actualization.” – Dr. Gary Flake
Dion talks about convergence and cross pollination of ideas from Web 2.0 to enterprises.
Here are some thoughts/wishes.
- Mashups become as simple as writing Excel Macros
- AJAX is not an after thought but gets absorbed into the way we build UI
- Highlevel declarative Mashup Markup Languages spring up
- Webservices (both lite and heavy) take root and may become the norm
- Loosely coupled applications with thousands and even millions of components appear as different services
- A robust platform springs up with webservices proxies and other infrastructural services
- Data Services ( a new kind of service where database capabilities are available as webservices) absorb the complexity of storing, retrieving and scaling data access
- Semantics take hold. Whether it is through Microformats or RDF or some fusion of these, does not really matter
- Social Computingness (wiki-ness, blog-ness, ajax-ness, mashup-ness, openapis-ness, software-as-service-ness) become the core philosophies of development
I like the spirt of this whole thing. Just wish that is where we are going. It will not kill jobs or companies. There is so much to do.