Here is a recent tweet of mine.
Seth Godin and Tom Peters on why blogging matters to any professional. http://bit.ly/9ZBx4v via @ducttape
Here are some reasons why I blog:
- It is a great thinking tool. I think it has something to do with sitting down and writing. Sometimes, I just pick a link or video or tweet and think aloud.
- It is an excellent way to start conversations. You find something interesting (to you) in a blog, and you can add your point of view.
- It is also a way to invite others to teach you. Sometimes I get more out of the comments of my blog than the act of writing it. People are generous with sharing ideas and information.
- If you blog enough, it will tell the world who you are, which areas you have ideas to contribute. They say that you can judge a man by his friends. If you blog, it is a great way for others to find out about you.
- It is one of the best branding tools. Reading a set of company blogs, you get a sense of what the company is all about. When a product manager blogs, you get a peek at what is going on behind the scenes. Even in personal blogs, I am amazed at how much a personality shows.
- It is a nice way to form an informal community. You form these bonds based on shared interests.
To me blogging is therapeutic. When I get to do it, it makes me feel good.