When I give talks on Machine Learning, I often get these questions:
- What is Machine Learning?
- What are some Machine Learning Applications?
- Is Machine Learning Mature?
- Who is using Machine Learning?
- How do we get started?
If you are using Google or Bing Search, if you get recommendations for books or other products from Amazon, if you are getting hints for the next word to type on a mobile keyboard, you are already using Machine Learning.
Here is a sample list of Machine Learning applications.
- Real Time Image Recognition
- Sentiment Analysis
- Search Ranking
- Speaker Identification
- Text Prediction
- Handwriting Recognition
- Machine Translation
- Face Detection
- Music Tagging
- Entity Recognition
- Style Transfer
- Image Captioning
- Emotion Detection
- Text Summarization
- Google Translate
- Google Voice Search
- Gmail Inbox Smart Reply
- Google Photos
- Google Cloud Vision API
While Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft are the most visible companies in the AI space, take a look at business applications of Machine Learning.
- 120 Machine Learning business ideas from the latest McKinsey report
- JPMorgan’s massive guide to machine learning jobs in finance
- What are some interesting possible applications of machine learning? – Quora
- 10 Surprising Machine Learning Applications
- How Machine Learning, Big Data, And AI Are Changing Healthcare Forever
- Areas of research on Machine Learning Applications – Machine Learning Applications – Google Scholar.