A small group to build stuff together, learn together and learn by doing. This will replace techtalks for our weekly meets.
- A nanoapp is something we can build n a day. The core in a couple of hours. The goal is to learn by doing.
- We may find open source stuff that to build upon. It will be easy to get started. Every nanoapp we build will be open sourced with a liberal license (like BSD/MIT/Apache)
- We can start with a few programming languages – Python, Lua, Clojure. We can have others too. We need a couple of champions for each language.
- We can build web apps, mobile apps and desktop apps to start with.
- If there is enough interest and a community forms around it, we can grow them in to mini apps or even commercial products.
- We will keep the group small – 10 to 20 regulars
- We would love to have students. As long as they are willing to work and learn.
If the experiment is successful, we can create nano hackathon events in schools, colleges.