I keep thinking about my compulsion to tweet. After a bit of reflection, I concluded that to me a tweet is:
- A shared (social?) bookmark – something I want to remember with some context
- A fleeting thought – something I want to capture but mull over later
- An opinion – an opinion fragment, really. It may be mine or something that I resonate with
- A question – I may not even state it as a question but sometimes it is really a question
- A quote – I don’t always put it in quotes but the link provides a context
- An idea – Something I want to throw out there and see what people think
- A signal – Mostly to myself but it is kind of public
- A note – Lots of times it is just a note (with no opinion or endorsement attached)
- Reflection – You know what I mean
- Just a way of thinking aloud – Think along with me, it says (sometimes).
What is it to you?