- Keep the talking part of sessions between 20-40 minutes.
- Have 2 or 3 sessions distributed through the day.
- Have people work on things individually or in small groups.
- Identify clear (intermediate) deliverables each day.
- Let people present/showcase their work in the final session.
- Set up a system to track engagement
- Create a system of #LearningAnalytics and #TeachingAnalytics (even simple metrics are good to have in the beginning)
There are lots of research papers on #LAK (Learning Analytics and Knowledge).
We did 1 to 6 (above) for our first workshop.
Working on 7 for future events.
1. https://bit.ly/2VErMVK – a 5-minute video on drop out rates.
2. Research papers (free for now) https://lnkd.in/gRNh9Yp