Here are a few fascinating applications of ML. I mostly track business applications of ML so I was pleasantly surprised to see how Unsupervised Learning and Reinforcement Learning (two ML techniques that do not get much coverage) was being used by two of the biggies in the AI and ML space.
The first two – Depth detection and Nightsight are posts from Google AI Blog. The following concepts were covered in these posts.
Links to articles:
- Under the hood of the Pixel 2: How AI is supercharging hardware – Google AI
- Google AI Blog: Night Sight: Seeing in the Dark on Pixel Phones –
- Horizon: An open-source reinforcement learning platform – Facebook Code
We started with 40 ideas ( 5 each from 8 departments). After initial screening, we selected 16 ( 2 from each department) and had them present to an external jury. Here are a list of these ideas. we will award three top ideas. We will support many of these ideas turn to prototypes.
- Robotic sewage Cleaners
- Detecting Landmines Using QuadCopter
- Partial Replacement of Natural Course Aggregate with Plastic Aggregate
- BIM Modelling using alternate Realities
- Voice ATM
- IOT based fire alert system
- Detecting and helping Dyslexia in Children
- Detecting early signs of foot problems for Diabetic Patients
- Automating powering up and down classrooms in a college
- Water Management system using IOT
- Automatic segregation of recyclable material
- Hybrid Solar Panel
- MTC Bus Tracking
- IOT based Smart glasses
- Flexible and Compact couch
- Temperature control Jacket