Here are a few fascinating applications of ML. I mostly track business applications of ML so I was pleasantly surprised to see how Unsupervised Learning and Reinforcement Learning (two ML techniques that do not get much coverage) was being used by two of the biggies in the AI and ML space.
- PSL Positive shutter lag
- Motion metering
- Exposure stacking
- Auto white balancing and Learning based AWB algorithm
- Ultra long shot photography
- Optical Image stabilization
Facebook Horizon article covered how they were improving user experience with Reinforcement Learning.
- Improving video playing using Reinforcement Learning (RL)
- Improving user notifications using Reinforcement Learning
Links to articles: